BlueFlow® hot runner nozzle
BlueFlow® hot runner nozzle - high part quality, high efficiency
The BlueFlow® hot runner nozzle sets new standards in the quality and design of moulded parts using thermally sensitive plastics. Depending on its application in the various industry branches, this results in improved or even completely new usage possibilities.
- Optimum temperature transition thanks to the large contact surfaces between the heat conducting tip and the heated material tube.
- Reduction of the processing temperature thanks to the excellent thermal conduction of the nozzle tips. No loss of heat, since there is no contact with the mould.
- Easy mounting and protection against leaks as well as less time spent on installation and removal.
- Time savings and reduced tool costs due to the easy H7 geometrical fit.
- Outstanding insulation at the front of the nozzle due to the two-component shaft, thus very little heat loss between nozzle and cavity.
- Excellent gate quality, due to the advantageous heat transfer at the gate position.
- Wide range of processing temperatures, since the temperature profile is linear.
- Easy-to-install, plug-in power and thermocouple connections make assembly and disassembly easy.
The particularly slim design of the BlueFlow® hot runner nozzle and its small diameter allow for more flexibility in the temperature profile, which in turn results in significantly higher part quality. The small size also enables a higher degree of freedom in the direct injection design, and uses less space within the mould.
With the BlueFlow® thick-film heating, the individual heating output can be precisely adapted to the requirements in each section of the nozzle length, thus achieving a homogeneous temperature. The exact, homogeneous temperature management protects materials and increases process stability. As a result, the plastic in the material pipe is subject to practically no thermal stress whatsoever, meaning that the desired physical properties of the end product are reliably achieved even with thermally sensitive plastics and very small moulded parts.
The slight size of the BlueFlow® hot runner nozzle allows for smaller moulds and therefore smaller injection moulding machines, which leads to a considerable reduction in energy requirements. The system also operates with a minimum start-up time, which also markedly decreases the waste rate. In consideration of all the savings it presents, such as lower energy consumption, reduced cycle times and decreased waste, investment in the innovative BlueFlow® technology pays for itself in an extremely short period of time.