Cutting machine operator
We are already happy to accept your application for 2023.
Cutting machine operator is a recognised skilled trade according to the German Vocational Training Act (BBiG) and is assigned to the metalworking career field. This skilled occupation is trained without specialisation according to individual disciplines or areas of focus in industry and craft trades, but has options for differentiation through occupational applications.
Responsibilities and activities
- Operational and technical communication
- Differentiation, assignment and handling of materials and auxiliary materials
- Use in serial and one-off part production
- Set-up of lathing, milling and grinding machines (depending on the area of activity)
- You will learn how to use automated machine systems if, for example, lathing and milling operations are carried out in a single work step
- Reading in CNC machine programs, changing and optimising programs
- Checking whether dimensions and surface quality of the manufactured work pieces correspond to the specifications
- Performance and checking of maintenance and inspection tasks on the machines
After the successful completion of professional training, cutting machine operators also plan and organise the associated and required work flows and arrange them with their colleagues at the company. Employment opportunities are found in industrial sectors where components are produced using cutting processes, primarily in industrial machine construction and craft trades.
Completion of secondary general school or intermediate secondary school with good marks, good mathematical skills, as well as technical understanding and manual skills.
Monday through Thursday from 7:30 a.m.–4:15 p.m.
Friday from 7:30 a.m.–1:15 p.m.