Technical product designer
For the year 2018 all training places are occupied.
Technical product designer is a recognised skilled occupation according to the German Vocational Training Act (BBiG). It is not assigned to any professional field.
Responsibilities and activities
- Occupational training, labour and collective bargaining law
- Set-up and organisation of the training organisation
- Safety and health protection at work
- Environmental protection
Professional profile qualifications
- Creation and use of technical documents
- Computer-aided design
- Differentiation of materials, as well as production processes and installation technologies
- Carrying out calculations for machine and system design
Specialisation in machine and system design
- Changing and checking of material properties
- Design creation
- Production technology
- Joining and installation technology
- Control technology and electrical engineering
After the successful completion of professional training, technical product designers are primarily active as employees in the design offices of companies engaged in machine, system and vehicle construction. Their workplace is office rooms with computer workstations.
Completion of secondary general school or intermediate secondary school with good marks or good A levels, good knowledge of mathematics, German and English.
Location and time
Monday through Thursday from 7:30 a.m.–4:15 p.m.
Friday from 7:30 a.m.–1:15 p.m.